Announcement (Second Sunday of Easter – Divine Mercy Sunday) Year B. 08/04/2018.
- Easter Season: Today the Second Sunday of Easter, the Universal Church celebrates Divine Mercy Sunday, on the Sunday of the Octave Day of Easter. The celebration of the Resurrection of Christ continues for fifty days from Easter Sunday. These fifty days are celebrated by the Universal Church as one great feast day, the Magna Dominica or the great Sunday. Once again, we remind everyone that the Regina Caeli prayer is said in place of the Angelus till Pentecost Sunday. As we celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday, let us continue to draw from that fountain of Mercy which Christ has given us as a result of His sorrowful passion. May His mercy reign in our lives and homes now and forever more.
- Mothers’ Day Celebration: The Archdiocese of Lagos today celebrates Mothers’ Day in all parishes. We use this medium to congratulate all women and thank our mothers for keeping us after conceiving us and for all their care, love and selfless sacrifice. We shall be having thanksgiving at all Masses today after the announcements as we thank God for the gift of mothers and motherhood. We pray that He would continue to bless and keep them all through Christ our Lord.
- Parish Seminar on Archdiocesan Guidelines: This comes up next Sunday the 14th of April by 9:15am at the YCC Hall. Please note that this seminar is compulsory for all society and ministry presidents and chairpersons, all vice presidents, secretaries, financial secretaries, treasurers, faith formation officers, members of the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) and Parish Financial Council (PFC). Please note that the resource materials for the seminar is available at the Bookshop.
- Good Shepherd Sunday and Society for Vocation Support: Sunday the 22nd of April is Good Shepherd Sunday. It is a day we appeal and make collections for the support in the training of our Dominican brothers in formation. Appeals would be done at all Masses next Sunday. Please see page 13 of our bulletin for the vocation support leaflet.
- Entrance Examination into Catholic Schools: Entrance examinations for admission into Dominican Sisters College Abatete and St. Theresa Minor Seminary Oke-Are comes up on Saturday the 21st of April. Please see pages 13 and 16 of our bulletin and the notice board for details.
- Admission into the Dominican University: Admission into the Dominican University Ibadan is ongoing. Please see page 4 of our bulletin for details.
- Appreciation: The parish today appreciates and welcomes Rev. Fr. Justin Mbaeri, OSJ and Rev. Sr. Veronica Amadi OLA who had their Priestly Ordination and Final Profession of religious vows respectively recently. Fr. Mbaeri is from this Parish, while Sr. Veronica is assigned to the OLA Community in Yaba. A thanksgiving Mass would be held for both of them at the 11:00am Mass. May God bless and strengthen them in their vocations.
St. Dominic’s…Our treasure and our pride.
On a special note from the Pastor’s Desk: As we continue to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, let us avail ourselves the chance of this new beginning which it brings. May the Spirit that raised Jesus from the Dead continue to be at work in our mortal bodies. Do not be afraid, because he lives, we can face tomorrow. Remember our mission statement; let us stand firm in the faith, be courageous, let our actions show our love. Do have a blessed Easter season in Jesus Name.
Categorised in: Announcements
This post was written by Emmanuel Ozoezi